Table of Contents
Whether you’re running marketing campaigns on social media or search engines, you need landing pages. After all, landing pages help present your compelling copy to convert visitors into leads and customers.
HubSpot found in a study that companies that increased the number of their landing pages from 10 to 15 got a 55% increase in lead generation. As a result, you need to create various landing pages suitable for your different marketing campaigns.
Unfortunately, your website host doesn’t have the vital tools to create a high-converting landing page. That’s why you have to use a landing page builder.
Now, there are tens of landing page builders that all claim to be the best thing since sliced bread. So how do you find the best landing page builder for your unique needs?
In this informative guide, you’ll discover what to look out for in a landing page builder and our list of your best options according to various needs.
Here are the 10 best landing page builders to grow your leads and customers in 2022:
Without wasting any time let’s get into the details of each landing page builder.
Elementor is the best landing page builder for WordPress.
There’s a reason Elementor has over 5 million installs, and over 6,000 users have rated it an average of 4.7 stars. First, Elementor is easy to install and has a free version.
Furthermore, it’s easy to start editing in your WordPress dashboard. Moreover, you can preview the page as you edit and add more elements.
You also have a finder tool that helps you locate elements and settings in the editor. Like most people, you probably want to start with a template.
Luckily, Elementor has professional WordPress templates for different purposes. But you’ll have to use the paid version to access them.
The mobile responsiveness isn’t flawless, but Elementor makes up for that with the ability to edit your mobile landing page extensively. You can remove and add elements to your mobile landing pages.
Once you’re done editing, you can save your page as a template for future use. Furthermore, there are popups and templates to create them.
For lead processing, you have access to integration to popular email and marketing automation tools.
- Free plan available
- Affordable for small businesses
- Intuitive user interface
- Excellent landing page templates
- Regular updates
- Open source page builder
- Design flexibility lacking in some aspects
- Landing page mobile responsiveness isn’t great
- Some marketing-oriented features lacking
- Essential: costs $49/year
- Expert: costs $199, Studio costs $499/year
- Agency: costs $999/year
HubSpot is a landing page builder suited to large clients with other needs such as customer relationship management and marketing automation.
HubSpot is one of the most popular sales and marketing automation platforms. If you already use the tool for CRM and other marketing tasks, then you should take advantage of the landing page feature.
However, you can’t use HubSpot just for the landing page builder. That’s because you only have access to the entire landing page features in the professional plan.
HubSpot has a few professional templates for your needs. But there are more in the HubSpot marketplace.
After selecting a template, you can edit it in the intuitive HubSpot editor. Luckily, you can worry less about your mobile users since the templates are mobile optimized.
In addition, HubSpot allows you to perform A/B testing on different page elements. And with the heatmap tool, you can easily track user engagement.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Excellent A/B testing features
- Mobile-optimized landing page templates
- Access to marketing automation tools
- Expensive for a small business
- Features better suited for big businesses
- Starter: starts at $45/month
- Professional: starts at $800/month
- Enterprise: starts at $3,200/month
Landingi is the best landing page builder for flexible pricing plans.
When using Landingi, you can select one of their over 200 templates according to your need. Alternatively, Landingi allows you to import landing pages from the internet to clone.
Once you have a template, you can customize it using their drag-and-drop builder. If you want to add code to a page, this builder allows the option. But if you can’t do any of this, the Landingi team can create professional landing pages for your business.
To ensure security, this page builder provides SSL certificates for all pages. Furthermore, you have the ability to integrate eCommerce functionality into your pages.
Beyond these, when running ads, you can personalize your landing pages for visitors. Apart from landing pages, you can also create popups with Landingi.
You have access to A/B testing and integrations with marketing tools, but this is absent in the lowest plan.
- Unlimited landing pages, traffic, leads, and users
- Huge template library
- Automation features
- Affordable plans
- Limited editing options
- Mobile optimization is underwhelming
- A/B testing absent on the lowest plan
- Core Plan: costs $29/month
- Create Plan: costs $65/month
- Automate Plan: costs $89/month
- Agency Plan: costs $109/month
GetResponse is the best landing page builder for small businesses that want an all-in-one platform that includes email marketing and marketing automation.
Even though GetResponse started as an email marketing platform, it has grown into a marketing automation platform. As a landing page builder, you have access to templates for different purposes.
With the drag-and-drop editor, you can edit the template to suit your needs. Once you redesign a template, you can save it for future use. Before launching your page, GetResponse allows you to adjust SEO settings, such as page title, description, whether to index the page, etc.
Another effective feature is the automation templates. This allows you to create workflows where your landing page is just a part of your sales funnels.
If you’re looking to sell through your landing pages, there are eCommerce tools and integration with popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, BigCommerce, and more. Likewise, you get access to integrate with payment processors such as PayPal, Square, and Stripe.
- Integrated email marketing and marketing automation features
- Excellent analytics and reporting features
- Affordable pricing and a free plan
- Unlimited landing pages
- List building options available
- Transfer to a more expensive plan once a landing page exceeds 1,000 views
- Mobile responsiveness isn’t great
- Free plan to start
- Email marketing plan: costs $15.58/month
- Marketing automation: costs $48.38/month
- Ecommerce marketing: costs $97.58/month
Leadpages is the most affordable landing page tool for selling products.
As one of the most popular landing page builders, Leadpages helps users create landing pages, pop-up forms, and alert bars. To create landing pages, you can access over 160 templates and a drag-and-drop editor.
Moreover, you can filter these landing pages according to conversion rates. However, some templates are not free, and the editor can be sluggish.
Nevertheless, one feature you’ll love here is the access to unlimited pages, traffic, and leads. For small businesses or marketing agencies with the need to create many campaigns, this will come in handy.
After creating your pages, you can carry out A/B tests to improve conversion. You also have access to over 40 integrations. Although, these features are unavailable in the lowest plans.
The exit-intent pop-up feature lets you capture visitors’ details before leaving your page. Furthermore, the alert bar makes creating bars on your web page easy without interfering with the user experience.
- Access to unlimited pages, traffic, and leads
- A huge template library
- Ability to filter templates by conversion rates
- Integrates with a high number of tools
- Limited editing options
- A/B testing is absent on the lowest plan
- Limited form options
- Standard Plan: costs $37/month
- Pro plan: costs $74/month
- Advanced plan: Personalized Quote
Unbounce is the best landing page builder for advanced features.
As one of the pioneers of landing page builders, Unbounce continues to be one of the best in building high-converting landing pages. First, you have access to create unlimited landing pages, popups, and sticky bars.
However, there’s a cap on the number of visits and conversions. With over 100 professional templates, you’ll find a template that suits your campaign needs. In addition, you can sort these templates according to purpose, popularity, age, etc.
After creating your pages, you have access to robust A/B testing features. In addition, Unbounce has the smart traffic feature, which automatically sends more traffic to the high-converting variant of your landing page.
Furthermore, there’s SSL encryption to secure your landing pages. If you run SEM campaigns, you can insert dynamic keywords into your landing pages. This means your landing page will feature the visitor’s keyword.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- Over 100 professional templates
- Provides AMP mobile landing pages
- Beginners can have issues using it
- Not a cheap option
- Launch plan: costs $81/month
- Optimize plan: costs $122/month
- Accelerate plan: costs $203/month
Instapage is the best landing page builder for marketing teams and agencies.
Instapage is a tool that makes your landing page creation easy and fast. In addition, this landing page builder has one of the most intuitive editors.
The Instablocks feature also allows you to build a library of reusable assets or blocks. Again, you can view and edit the mobile version of your landing page.
To even make your work easier, you’ll find over 200 professional templates. Before you use a template, you can preview it. Furthermore, you can sort templates based on their purposes.
While working on your landing page design, you can use Instapage collaboration tools to communicate with team members. You’ll see the record of communication and changes made by each participant.
Instapage has some conversion tools that you’ll find useful. First, it’s easy to conduct A/B and multivariate testing. You also have heat maps that help you track user behavior on landing pages. Finally, analytics help to track campaign results and find improvement opportunities.
- Easy to create landing pages in a short time
- Easy-to-use editor
- Has heatmap to track user behavior
- Easy to collaborate with people
- Huge collection of templates
- Limited visitors and landing pages for the lowest plan
- Building plan: costs $199/month
- Converting plan: customized pricing
Wishpond is a landing page builder that’s good for both beginners and advanced users.
Wishpond is another entry that provides email marketing and marketing automation tools. With its professional templates, it’s easy to find one suitable for your needs.
Then, you can use the drag-and-drop editor to edit the template for your campaign. Beyond creating landing pages, Wishpond has email list building and marketing automation tools.
Luckily, landing pages created with Wishpond are automatically optimized for mobile devices. So, it becomes easier to create unlimited landing pages. Furthermore, if you want to do advanced editing, Wishpond supports HTML and CSS coding.
Beyond landing pages, you can also create popups and social media contests to acquire more leads for your campaigns.
- Unlimited landing pages
- Marketing automation features
- A/B testing and API access unavailable in the lowest plan
- Limited customization
- Starting Plan: costs $49/month
- Everything You Need Plan: costs $99/month
- Rapid Growth Plan: costs $199/month
ClickFunnels is a builder suitable for people who want to build sales funnels to sell products.
If you want to market a product and build every element of your sales funnel on a single platform, ClickFunnels is a tool you should consider. For landing pages, you have templates and an easy-to-use editor that makes landing page creation fast and easy.
Furthermore, there are forms to help capture leads on your pages. If you’re selling a product on your landing page, payment integrations like Stripe, PayPal, and Keap will make payments more efficient.
While creating your pages, the sub-user feature allows you to collaborate with your team members. The A/B testing feature ensures you can test different page elements to find the best conversions.
If you want to process your leads outside ClickFunnels, you’ll find integrations with marketing platforms handy. However, if you already have a website, there’s no point in buying ClickFunnels.
- Easy to use
- Includes other marketing tools
- Useful integrations
- Can be overwhelming for beginners
- Limited email functionality
- Basic plan: costs $80.84/month
- Platinum plan: costs $247.5/month
Best if you want to create landing pages for your contests and giveaways
It’s no secret that contests and giveaways are potent tools to acquire more leads into your sales funnel. If this is an integral part of your marketing strategy, then Shortstack is worth consideration.
First, Shortstack has many landing page templates for various promotions such as contests, giveaways, quizzes, etc. Once you find a suitable template, you can edit it to suit your needs.
You’ll also find contest management tools to coordinate your contests, pick winners, and reach out to participants through emails. With email marketing tools, you can create email sequences to nurture contest participants.
Another great feature is its analytics. With this, you can track performance metrics such as traffic, traffic sources, device types, and more. A Google Analytics integration is also available for even more analytics.
- Can collect user-generated content
- Integrated email marketing features
- Easy to scale up as a business grows
- White labeling option for agencies
- The Starter plan has ‘Shortstack’ branding
- Limited template categories
- On the expensive side
- Business plan: costs $79/month
- Agency plan: costs $199/month
- Brand plan costs: $399/month
- Enterprise plan: requires a quote
Frequently Asked Questions
For everyone looking to create landing pages, some questions go through their minds. You probably have those questions too. Here are answers to them:
What makes a good landing page builder?
If you’ve never used a landing page builder, you may have little knowledge of what to look out for to make the best choice. Frankly, there are critical features any worthwhile landing page builder must have. These are:
- Professional templates: very few marketers want to design a landing page from scratch or have the ability to do so. With templates, you’ll find a suitable landing page that just needs minimal editing. Furthermore, there should be templates for different purposes.
- Easy-to-use landing page design editor: unless you want to hire a designer, you still need to customize a landing page template for your business. For instance, you can edit the colors, fonts, sections, and more. A drag-and-drop editor will make this easy.
- Mobile optimization: with more than half of searches happening on mobile devices, you need to create landing pages optimized for mobile users. A landing page builder must have mobile optimization built in and even show you a mobile version of your page.
- Integrations with essential marketing tools: since capturing leads isn’t an end in itself, you need to connect your page to a lead processing tool. In addition, a landing page builder should provide integration to other marketing tools you use in your sales funnel.
- A/B testing tools: no one can predict the exact landing page that will perform best for your audience. So, while you follow best practices, you must also carry out A/B tests on various elements of your landing pages. When your builder has these tools, it will save you the cost of paying for a testing tool.
- Built-in conversion tools: a builder must provide tools to aid your lead and customer conversion rates. These tools include popups, heatmaps to track engagement, analytics to track results, etc.
Which landing page builder is the best?
The best landing page builder for you depends on your needs. For instance, if you want a builder with extensive features, Unbounce is one of your best bets. Meanwhile, Elementor is great if you’re looking for a builder created for WordPress, and GetResponse is suitable if you want all-in-one software.
How do I create a landing page for free?
Some landing page builders like Elementor and GetResponse have free but limited plans. Other tools provide a free trial over a period. However, in most cases, a free landing page builder will lack the necessary tools to create high-converting landing pages.
Can I create a landing page without a website?
Of course, you can. Most builders can host your landing pages for you. Furthermore, some allow you to connect a registered domain name to your page.
What is the difference between a landing page and a web page?
A landing page is created for conversions in terms of leads and sales, while a web page can be for other use cases such as disseminating information, providing services, and more.
How much time does it take to create a landing page?
This depends on many factors such as expertise, whether you’re building from scratch or using a template, your landing page editor, the complexity of your page design, the purpose of the page, etc. In a nutshell, creating a landing page can take as little as 30 minutes to as much as 30 hours or more.
What is a search engine optimized landing page?
This means you’ll optimize the headline, page copy, URL, and other elements to rank for a target keyword.
Can I create a landing page in WordPress?
Yes, you can. You’ll find a dedicated WordPress builder like Elementor, and most landing page builders have WordPress plugins.
If you’re running a business online, creating a landing page is inevitable. After all, you have to capture leads and make sales.
That’s why you should define your needs in a landing page builder and go through this extensive list to find one that fits those needs best.
Do you currently use a landing page builder? If you’re just planning to subscribe, which builder will you purchase and why? Tell us in the comments!