Table of Contents
SEMRush Ultimate Review for 2022
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is an all-in-one Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) tool that will help your website improve online visibility by tracking data and creating marketing opportunities for your site. SEMRush was created in 2008 by Oleg Schegolev and Dmitry Melnikov and is now one of the most popular SEO & SEM tools on the market. With over 7 million active users, SEMRush has provided a wide array of companies with valuable tools to rank higher on search engines.
Why is SEMRush considered an industry-leading piece of software?
A 20-in-1 SEO & SEM tool, SEMRush has countless features that have a wide array of applications. However, these features can be condensed into three primary categories: research, tracking, and analysis. These tools will track your website’s data, give you insights into the way search engines read your website, and ultimately create opportunities to improve your website’s ranking. Insights and opportunities are created naturally through competitor research, keyword research, organic rank tracking, domain analysis, and backlink analysis. With all of these features at work, SEMRush will create search query rankings with easy-to-follow suggestions, SEO & SEM audits, and keyword opportunities.
What is SEMRush used for?
- Traffic Analytics
- Market Comparisons
- Organic Research
- Keyword Gap
- Backlink Information
- Advertising Research
- Social Media Tracker
- Direct Score Comparisons
- Paid competitors
- Backlink Profiles
- Keyword Opportunities
- Market Trends
- Market Interests
- Demographic Information
- Competitor research data comes directly from your top competitors’ websites.
- Keyword Intent
- Keyword Ranking Difficulty
- Keyword Ranking Opportunities
- Keyword Suggestions
- Cost per Click Analysis
- Number of searches per month
- Keyword Difficulty Score
- Keyword Volume
- Cost per Click
- SEMRush has over 21 Billion keywords in its database.
Organic Rank Tracking
- Domain Tracking
- Keyword Tracking
- Easy to Access Tracking Reports
- Data Keeping Software
- Position Tracker Tool
- Customizable tracking notifications
- Comparing scores to competitors
- Measuring historical data
- Organic Rank tracking data is historical depending on how long you’ve been tracking the keyword or domain on SEMRush.
Domain analysis: A way to view and rank the quality of a domain through SEO processes.
- Domain Analysis through an easy-to-understand authority score
- Domain Overview
- Separates paid and organic search traffic
- Authority Score
- Organic Search Traffic Data
- Paid Search Traffic Data
- Referring Domains Overview
- Distribution By Demographics (Country, Device, Gender, etc.)
- Top Performing Keywords
- SEMRush has over 800 Million domain profiles in its database.
Backlink analysis: A way to organize and analyze other sites that link to your site.
- Broken link detection
- Backlink audit
- Top-level Domain Distribution
- Link Building
- Anchor Text Evaluation
- Demographic Information
- Domain Prospects
- Backlink Toxicity Score
- Link Attributes
- Referring Domains
- Broken Link Tracker
- SEMRush has over 43 trillion URLs in its link database.
How accurate is SEMRush data?
Unfortunately, no SEO tool has 100% accurate data because no SEO tool has the power or data reserves to index the entirety of the internet. That being said, SEMRush data’s accuracy absolutely fluctuates. On average, Screaming Frog reports that SEMRush underestimates website traffic by an average of 42%. For comparison, equivalent tools such as Ahrefs underestimate traffic by 36% on average while SimilarWeb overestimates traffic by 1% on average (SimilarWeb is largely considered the most accurate tool).
How much does SEMRush cost?
SEMRush costs between $119.95 per month to 449.95 per month depending on which plan you choose to subscribe to. There are three primary plans:
- Pro – $119.95. The Pro plan includes 5 projects, 500 keywords to track, and keyword, domain, and backlink analysis. This plan is best for small in-house marketing teams.
- Guru – $229.95. The Guru plan includes 15 projects, 1,500 keywords to track, historical competitor data, Google Data Studio integration, a content marketing platform, and keyword, domain, and backlink analysis. This plan is perfect for many large in-house marketing teams and SEO consultants.
- Business – $449.95. The Business plan includes everything that the previous two subscriptions do but also includes 40 projects, 5,000 keywords to track, Share of Voice metric, and API access. This plan is best for large enterprises, corporations, and agencies.
It’s worth noting that if you elect to pay the SEMRush subscription annually then you’ll receive a 16% discount.
Additionally, SEMRush has a free 30-day trial available at this link so you can see if it’s right for your SEO purposes.
How to cancel SEMRush?
Canceling your SEMRush subscription is fairly easy but you do have to contact SEMRush directly. To cancel your subscription, visit this link and submit the form with your information. Once you submit the form, SEMRush’s customer service team will be in contact with you in the next few days. Once SEMRush’s team speaks to you, you’ll have a 30-day grace period to save all your data and prepare for SEMRush to lock your account and data.
- Finding Low CPC Keywords: Creating a balance between important keywords that are a low cost-per-click (CPC) is important for any advertisement campaign. Keeping costs down while results stay positive isn’t an easy task but using SEMRush’s “Keyword magic” tool can help your team quickly analyze CPC and search volumes to find the best value.
- Social Media Functions: You can easily link your social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to SEMRush to track statistics, the best time to post, and demographics. Once your socials are linked you can download the SEMRush social media poster Chrome extension which will allow your team to easily reproduce images and blog posts from your site into social media content with the click of a button.
- Paid Social Media (Advertisement) Features: SEMRush gives you the ability to organize and track your social media advertisements across multiple platforms in one place. Similar to its standard social media functions, SEMRush can allow a marketing team to manage social media advertising campaigns from a single dashboard with ease.
- Search Engine Advertisement Tracking Features: Similar to the paid social media advertising features, SEMRush allows your team to easily sync and organize multiple search engine advertisement campaigns to spot opportunities, create more effective advertisements, and cooperatively create a successful search engine advertisement campaign.
- SEO Content Template: One of the most helpful functions of SEMRush is the SEMRush SEO content template. This template will help you both quickly create articles and instantly improve SEO readability scores. All you have to do is find a keyword or key phrase and SEMRush will create a post template from the top 10 results on Google. The template will account for many SEO considerations like post length, meta tags, and search engine readability scores.
SEMRush is an extremely powerful SEO tool that has a wide variety of key functions and research instruments. Although SEMRush doesn’t have infallible data, overall it does provide reliable ranking tips, backlink analysis, domain analysis, rank tracking, keyword research, and competitor research. SEMRush uses all of these tools to create a powerful, cohesive, all-encompassing SEO tool. Click this link if you would like to try SEMRush for 30-days free!